Skip to main content

Featured

2 imported COVID-19 cases detected

The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating two additional COVID-19 cases involving men who arrived from Tanzania and the US.   Meanwhile, the centre was notified yesterday of a confirmed case in the UK concerning a 46-year-old man who left Hong Kong for London on Cathay Pacific flight CX251 on July 15. His specimen collected on July 17 tested positive for COVID-19. He was asymptomatic. The centre is following up on the case with the British health authority and epidemiological investigations are underway.   As a prudent measure, Rosedale Hotel Hong Kong, Causeway Bay where the patient had stayed during the incubation period was put under a compulsory testing notice last night, requiring people who had been at the venue for more than two hours from July 4 to 28 to get tested on or before July 31.   A total of 25 cases were reported in Hong Kong in the past 14 days and all of them were imported.   For information and health advice on COVID-19, visit the Gover

6.9k tested in restricted area

About 6,900 people underwent testing at the temporary specimen collection stations in the specified restricted area in Jordan yesterday according to preliminary records, the Government said today.   The Government made a restriction-testing declaration and issued a compulsory testing notice in respect of the Jordan restricted area, requesting people subject to compulsory testing to take the test before midnight yesterday.   Speaking to the media after inspecting the restricted area this morning, Chief Secretary Matthew Cheung thanked the residents for their co-operation and understanding.   He added that the Government is confident the restrictions will be lifted by 6am tomorrow.   “On the basis of what’s happening now, we have confidence that we should be able to do it. Because we have already done screening for around 7,000 people yesterday in terms of COVID-19 testing. I think the number of people coming out today would be relatively small, so the labs can handle the testings.”   Working staff from the Government visited more than 3,240 households in the restricted area yesterday, involving around 6,200 residents. Details of the residents were registered to facilitate follow-up on testing condition in the future.   Home visits will continue today and those who have not undergone testing will be arranged to take the test at specimen collection stations.   Secretary for Home Affairs Caspar Tsui joined Mr Cheung during the inspection of the restricted area and emphasised that residents' needs are being met.   “In Hong Kong, we do have meal services for the needy, people with special needs and the elderly. So during this operation, we do have that service. And we do have several hotlines including one for ethnic minorities as well. For any special cases, we would be on the ground to handle them. Basically, we try to accommodate people as best as we can.”
http://dlvr.it/RrGbW8

Popular Posts