Skip to main content

Featured

DoJ rejects malicious attacks

The Department of Justice (DoJ) today said it will not tolerate malicious attacks on its decision, which was made in accordance with the law.   In a statement setting out the general principles in handling prosecutions, the DoJ reminded the public to refrain from commenting on any case in which the legal proceedings are still ongoing.   The statement said in respect of an application for review of admission to bail lodged by the DoJ on March 4, it should be noted that the case in question involves application for bail under Article 42(2) of the National Security Law.   The Court of Final Appeal delivered a judgment on February 9 on how to apply the granting of bail to a person charged with an offence under the National Security Law.   According to the Criminal Procedure Ordinance, the Secretary for Justice may apply to a judge to review the decision of admission to bail by a magistrate. The ordinance provides that a person may also apply to a judge to be admitted to bail if the

Living subsidy applications to open

The Community Care Fund will start accepting applications from two-person households for the One-off Living Subsidy for Low-income Households Not Living in Public Housing & Not Receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) Programme tomorrow.   The fund launched the second round of the programme on January 4 to relieve the financial pressure on low-income households.   Beneficiaries should currently be renting accommodation on a monthly basis or for longer tenures in private housing, industrial buildings, commercial buildings or social housing operated by non-governmental organisations (NGOs).   People renting bedspaces offered under the Home Affairs Department's Singleton Hostel Programme or bedspaces in hostels operated by NGOs for rehabilitated offenders, residing in temporary housing as well as those living on board vessels or are homeless can also apply.   They should not be receiving CSSA or own any property in Hong Kong and their monthly income must not exceed $22,000.   Their monthly rent for private housing, industrial buildings, commercial buildings or social housing should not exceed $11,000.   Eligible households that benefited from the first round of the programme which was launched between July 2 and November 30 last year, can also apply for the second round. The fund will accept applications from three-person households from March 1 and all households from April 1. Applications can be submitted until May 31.   Call 2180 6666 for enquiries.
http://dlvr.it/RrlTw1

Popular Posts