Skip to main content

Featured

Kai Tak site accident being probed

The Government expressed that it is highly concerned about an accident involving the collapse of a bamboo scaffold at a Kai Tak construction site today in which two workers were killed and three others injured.   A preliminarily investigation by the Buildings Department (BD) found that the scaffold, measuring about 15m by 8m, fell to the ground from the external wall on the 19th floor of a building under construction.   The BD said it will conduct a comprehensive investigation into the cause of the incident, including whether the scaffold, as temporary works, complied with the Buildings Ordinance and whether the registered contractor and any related persons have properly discharged their responsibilities.   It added that if anyone is found in contravention of the ordinance, it will take follow-up actions, including instigating prosecution and referring to the Contractors Disciplinary Board for disciplinary proceedings.   The Labour Department (LD) also launched an immed

Central & Western restricted area set

The Government today made a restriction-testing declaration to require people within the specified restricted area in Central & Western District to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing for COVID-19.   The restricted area covers Towers 1 and 2, Robinson Place, 70 Robinson Road, Blessings Garden Phase 1, 95 Robinson Road and Blessings Garden Phase 2, 56 Conduit Road.   The Government said as confirmed cases were recently recorded in these buildings, it decided to make a restriction-testing declaration for the relevant area which took effect from 8.30pm.   Temporary specimen collection stations will be set up at the restricted area and relevant people need to undergo testing before 2am tomorrow. They will be arranged to undergo nucleic acid testing at the stations where staff will collect samples through combined nasal and throat swabs.   The Government will arrange door-to-door specimen collection for people with impaired mobility and seniors.   It aims to finish the exercise at about 9am tomorrow.   People in the restricted area who have undergone testing from March 10 to 13 and can provide an SMS notification containing the test results are not required to be tested again. However, they must stay in their premises until everyone in the area has been tested and the results are mostly ascertained.   Anyone who had been at these buildings for more than two hours from February 28 to March 13, even if they were not present in the restricted area at the time when the declaration took effect, must undergo compulsory testing by March 15.   The Government has prepared simple food and cleaning supplies for the residents restricted by the declaration. The Home Affairs Department has set up a hotline 2835 1473 for these residents to make enquiries and seek assistance and a hotline 3755 6816 for ethnic minorities.   The Social Welfare Department will also assist those affected.
http://dlvr.it/RvZ0Pd

Popular Posts