Skip to main content

Featured

CS hails new electoral system

The fourth wave of the COVID-19 epidemic has lasted for some time. To our great relief, the number of local confirmed cases has remained at low levels in recent days. The Government's multi-pronged strategy of continuously enhancing our anti-epidemic measures and preventing the importation of cases has proven effective.   Apart from keeping social distancing measures in place and mounting an extensive promotion of testing, we have specifically strengthened the manpower in contact tracing as this is a particularly crucial measure in cutting the chains of viral transmission.   The Department of Health's Contact Tracing Office has redoubled its efforts in speeding up the process of identifying close contacts. Their sterling efforts in contact tracing in the gym cluster last month have significantly helped in suppressing rebounds within a number of days. This was a remarkable success.   For this, I must thank all those who have helped, including some 200 colleagues seconded f

Delayed release of test results probed

The Food & Health Bureau today said follow-up actions have been taken against its service provider’s delay in notifying people of their COVID-19 test results within two days after undergoing tests at Henry G Leong Yaumatei Community Centre.   The bureau made the statement in response to media enquiries concerning members of the public not being able to receive test results within two days after attending that community testing centre on March 3.   It said KingMed Diagnostics (Hong Kong), which runs the testing centre, encountered technical issues on March 4 while uploading test results of specimens collected from community testing centres and mobile testing stations on March 3.   Due to this problem, the service provider failed to send out on March 4 the negative results of those who underwent testing.   The delay was resolved by noon on March 6, the third day after testing, and all relevant test results had been sent to the people concerned on the same day.   About 6,000 people were affected by the incident and all their test results were negative.   The bureau noted that the incident did not involve the accuracy or validity of the test and no personal data was lost.   Regarding a media report which claimed a person who underwent testing on March 4 at Henry G Leong Yaumatei Community Centre had not received the test result by March 6, the service provider stated that specimens collected from the centre on March 4 were all tested on March 6, and the test results were uploaded in batches for people who underwent testing on the same day.   The bureau pointed out that though the incident did not affect the service provider’s progress in conducting tests or the accuracy of the results, and it did not compromise the objective of identifying confirmed cases as early as possible, it did inconvenience those who underwent testing.   Staff of the concerned community testing centre also failed to accurately reply enquiries from the public, it added.   The bureau described the situation as very unsatisfactory, adding it had taken stringent follow-up actions, including instructing the service provider to conduct a thorough investigation, submit an incident report and make improvements.   The service provider was also suspended from operating new mobile specimen collection stations when the situation was being resolved.   It will take further follow-up actions in accordance with the contract should similar situations occur in the future, the bureau added.
http://dlvr.it/RvKp6j

Popular Posts