Skip to main content

Featured

2 imported COVID-19 cases detected

The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating two additional COVID-19 cases involving men who arrived from Tanzania and the US.   Meanwhile, the centre was notified yesterday of a confirmed case in the UK concerning a 46-year-old man who left Hong Kong for London on Cathay Pacific flight CX251 on July 15. His specimen collected on July 17 tested positive for COVID-19. He was asymptomatic. The centre is following up on the case with the British health authority and epidemiological investigations are underway.   As a prudent measure, Rosedale Hotel Hong Kong, Causeway Bay where the patient had stayed during the incubation period was put under a compulsory testing notice last night, requiring people who had been at the venue for more than two hours from July 4 to 28 to get tested on or before July 31.   A total of 25 cases were reported in Hong Kong in the past 14 days and all of them were imported.   For information and health advice on COVID-19, visit the Gover

S1 allocations to be released

Parents of Primary 6 students participating in the 2021 Secondary School Places Allocation System will receive notifications on March 31 if their applications have been successful, the Education Bureau said today.   Parents do not need to reply to schools to say whether they accept the discretionary place offers or not.   Parents who have also successfully applied for a school place in a non-participating Direct Subsidy Scheme (NDSS) secondary school for their children should decide whether to retain the offer from the school.   If parents decide to retain the offer from an NDSS secondary school, they should disregard the notifications from the participating secondary schools.   If parents decide to decline the offer, they should notify the NDSS secondary school and retrieve the signed undertaking as well as the original copy of the Primary 6 Student Record Form on or before April 12 to retain the school place successfully applied for in the discretionary place stage.   Students who have not been offered a discretionary place are required to participate in the central allocation.   Primary 6 students will receive the Choice Form, the Notes for Parents and the Secondary School List for their school net from their primary school.   Parents may refer to the Handbook for Unrestricted School Choices distributed to primary schools or obtain the school lists via the bureau's website and the automatic telephone enquiry system's fax service on 2891 0088.   To reduce gatherings and maintain social distancing in light of the COVID-19 epidemic, the bureau advised primary schools to make flexible arrangements to support parents in making school choices.   Schools may consider providing parents with information or advice by video conferencing, phone or email, and distribute the choice-making documents to parents of cross-boundary students by post or email.   The bureau reminded parents to complete and return the Choice Form to primary schools for submission on or before May 5.
http://dlvr.it/RwgTm2

Popular Posts