Skip to main content

Featured

2 imported COVID-19 cases detected

The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating two additional COVID-19 cases involving men who arrived from Tanzania and the US.   Meanwhile, the centre was notified yesterday of a confirmed case in the UK concerning a 46-year-old man who left Hong Kong for London on Cathay Pacific flight CX251 on July 15. His specimen collected on July 17 tested positive for COVID-19. He was asymptomatic. The centre is following up on the case with the British health authority and epidemiological investigations are underway.   As a prudent measure, Rosedale Hotel Hong Kong, Causeway Bay where the patient had stayed during the incubation period was put under a compulsory testing notice last night, requiring people who had been at the venue for more than two hours from July 4 to 28 to get tested on or before July 31.   A total of 25 cases were reported in Hong Kong in the past 14 days and all of them were imported.   For information and health advice on COVID-19, visit the Gover

Virus testing backlog reported

The Hospital Authority said it was notified by a COVID-19 test service vendor that some of the test procedures were lengthened due to environmental contamination and subsequent thorough disinfection required in the laboratory.   The authority explained that some of the tests and notification of negative results cannot be completed within 48 hours as the contract terms required.   The test service vendor was contracted by the authority to arrange COVID-19 testing to tie in with the Centre for Health Protection's Enhanced Laboratory Surveillance Programme.   The authority has reported the incident to the Food & Health Bureau and the Department of Health (DH). Starting from today, some of the backlog specimens will be arranged for testing in the DH’s Public Health Laboratory Centre and at three other vendors.   According to the vendor’s report, it has completed the test for all specimens received on or before March 2 and most of March 3. It is expected that the tests for the rest of March 3 and March 4, around 20,000 specimens, will be completed today.   The Public Health Laboratory Centre and the three vendors will continue to render assistance and it is expected that the tests for the rest of specimens will be completed in the coming days.   The authority has tasked the vendor to review its testing procedures and enhance contingency. It said it will seriously follow up the incident with the vendor in accordance with the contract terms to avoid the occurrence of similar incidents.
http://dlvr.it/RvFzTD

Popular Posts