Skip to main content

Featured

2 imported COVID-19 cases detected

The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating two additional COVID-19 cases involving men who arrived from Tanzania and the US.   Meanwhile, the centre was notified yesterday of a confirmed case in the UK concerning a 46-year-old man who left Hong Kong for London on Cathay Pacific flight CX251 on July 15. His specimen collected on July 17 tested positive for COVID-19. He was asymptomatic. The centre is following up on the case with the British health authority and epidemiological investigations are underway.   As a prudent measure, Rosedale Hotel Hong Kong, Causeway Bay where the patient had stayed during the incubation period was put under a compulsory testing notice last night, requiring people who had been at the venue for more than two hours from July 4 to 28 to get tested on or before July 31.   A total of 25 cases were reported in Hong Kong in the past 14 days and all of them were imported.   For information and health advice on COVID-19, visit the Gover

Travel scheme to be extended

(To watch the full press conference with sign language interpretation, click here.)   The Government today announced the Return2hk Scheme will be extended from Guangdong Province and Macau to other Mainland provinces and municipalities.   Starting from April 29, Hong Kong residents not having stayed in places other than Hong Kong, the Mainland or Macau, or any places in the Mainland designated as medium and high-risk in the past 14 days before arriving in Hong Kong can be exempted from the 14-day compulsory quarantine requirement.   The online booking system for the scheme will be open for applications by Hong Kong residents who plan to return from the Mainland through the Hong Kong International Airport from April 27.   To ensure Hong Kong residents return to the city under the scheme in a gradual and orderly manner to avoid increased public health risks at overcrowded airport and ports, a quota arrangement will still be in place under the extended scheme.   A daily quota of 1,000 has been set for the airport, while those for the land boundary control points of the Shenzhen Bay Port and the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge (HZMB) Hong Kong Port will remain unchanged.   They are 3,000 per day for the Shenzhen Bay Port and 2,000 each day for the HZMB Hong Kong Port.    Additionally, the Come2hk Scheme, to be launched in mid-May, will facilitate non-Hong Kong residents staying in Guangdong and Macau to come to Hong Kong without being subject to compulsory quarantine requirements upon fulfilment of specified conditions.   Secretary for the Civil Service Patrick Nip announced the details of the Return2hk Scheme’s extension at a press conference this morning.   Mr Nip also said the Government is discussing the possibility of exempting Hong Kong citizens entering the Mainland from quarantine requirements with Mainland authorities.   He said: "I’m sure that everyone in Hong Kong would like to see the early opening of travel between the Mainland and Hong Kong.   “In the eyes of the Mainland authorities, I’m sure that they would look at Hong Kong, whether Hong Kong is, in their classification, still a high-risk area or medium-risk area. As long as we are still considered a medium or high-risk area, I’m sure that we would be far from achieving that.   “So these are the areas we have to work very hard on: to put our epidemic situation under control, reduce our number of confirmed cases to zero or near zero, get rid of all unlinked cases, and also achieve a high level of vaccination rate. I think these are the things, the priority areas, that we must work hard on.”
http://dlvr.it/RySRjZ

Popular Posts