Skip to main content

Featured

2 imported COVID-19 cases detected

The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating two additional COVID-19 cases involving men who arrived from Tanzania and the US.   Meanwhile, the centre was notified yesterday of a confirmed case in the UK concerning a 46-year-old man who left Hong Kong for London on Cathay Pacific flight CX251 on July 15. His specimen collected on July 17 tested positive for COVID-19. He was asymptomatic. The centre is following up on the case with the British health authority and epidemiological investigations are underway.   As a prudent measure, Rosedale Hotel Hong Kong, Causeway Bay where the patient had stayed during the incubation period was put under a compulsory testing notice last night, requiring people who had been at the venue for more than two hours from July 4 to 28 to get tested on or before July 31.   A total of 25 cases were reported in Hong Kong in the past 14 days and all of them were imported.   For information and health advice on COVID-19, visit the Gover

Visitor quarantine to be eased

(To watch the full press conference with sign language interpretation, click here.)   The Government is preparing to relax the compulsory quarantine requirement for people arriving in Hong Kong from overseas and the Mainland.   Chief Executive Carrie Lam made the announcement at a press conference this afternoon, noting that the quarantine period for those from low-risk countries can be shortened to seven days.   Mrs Lam said: “As far as the low and medium-risk countries (are concerned), the low-risk countries, that (are) Singapore, New Zealand and Australia, have already started with a 14-day quarantine instead of a 21-day quarantine from April 9.   “In due course, when we announce this further relaxation based on vaccination, then these three low-risk countries will move on to a seven-day instead of a 14-day (quarantine). But I cannot tell you an exact date (of implementation). We have to work out some of the details.   “And for the medium-risk (countries), at the moment (it is) still a 21-day (quarantine).   “Again, in due course we will announce from a day onwards, if (people) come from these countries, normally we would expect these are the countries that have not had these (virus) variants of concern, and from that point onwards, they will be subject to a 14-day instead of a 21-day quarantine.   “But I want to assure you that we will remain equally vigilant, even with the reduced quarantine period by imposing more tests.”   Mrs Lam also expects to be able to announce more details about the Hong Kong-Singapore Air Travel Bubble soon.   “For the travel bubble arrangement’s progress, at the moment, it is only with Singapore because we did have a scheme very much ready for implementation with Singapore before the fourth wave (of the epidemic) hit us in the latter part of November. So I understand that the Commissioner for Tourism has had a very good discussion with the Singaporean government and I hope to be able to announce some details very soon.”   The Chief Executive also announced that the Goverment will launch a scheme whereby Mainlanders or those in the Mainland would no longer be required to undergo the compulsory quarantine upon arrival.   “For the scheme to allow Mainlanders or people in the Mainland to come to Hong Kong without being subject to the 14-day quarantine arrangement, we will not specify what type of travellers (will be eligible).   “But they have to get a quota from the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government’s scheme and they have to have a negative COVID-19 test (result), then they can come.”
http://dlvr.it/RxW8zR

Popular Posts