Skip to main content

Featured

More HZMB private car quotas set

The governments of Hong Kong and Macau have agreed to increase the regular quotas for Hong Kong cross-boundary non-commercial private cars using the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge to Macau, the Transport Department announced today.   The decision was made to enhance traffic flow between Hong Kong and Macau, better utilising the bridge, the department said.   It will increase the Hong Kong quota by 1,000, following the earlier quota allocation of 1,800 for Hong Kong.   The additional quota will be distributed in two phases from the second quarter.   Half of the additional 1,000 quota allocations is for company applicants and the other half is for individual applicants. The quotas are valid for no more than three years. The eligibility criteria of quota applications remains the same.   Private cars allocated with Hong Kong quotas will be permitted to access the city of Macau multiple times using the bridge.   The Hong Kong quota allotments will be re-allocated upon expiry thro

1.5m register for voucher scheme

The Government said about 1.55 million people have submitted an electronic registration for the Consumption Voucher Scheme via its online registration portal as of 6pm today, the first day of the scheme’s registration.   Registration was generally smooth, with more than 1.3 million of those who registered authenticating their identity by answering security questions related to the Cash Payout Scheme launched last year.   Registration via the iAM Smart mobile app was obstructed this morning because the system was heavily loaded. The situation has gradually improved since this afternoon.   Financial Secretary Paul Chan reminded the public not to rush for registration in the first few days, as eligible registrants who have completed the electronic registration in the coming two weeks or by July 17 will normally receive the first voucher on August 1 after their eligibility is confirmed.   Those who choose to submit paper forms may drop the completed forms, together with a copy of their Hong Kong identity card, into the drop boxes at all post offices and designated branches of five banks starting tomorrow.   Eligible people who submit paper forms or complete electronic registrations on or after July 18 will normally receive the first voucher on September 1.   The scheme is open for registration until August 14.   Click here or call the hotline 18 5000 for more information.
http://dlvr.it/S32VlS

Popular Posts