Skip to main content

Featured

Tai Wo Hau testing check done

The Government announced that the compulsory testing exercise and enforcement operation for Fu Keung House in Tai Wo Hau Estate finished today with no positive COVID-19 cases found.   It made a restriction-testing declaration yesterday evening, requiring people in the specified area to stay in their premises and undergo mandatory testing. About 1,150 people were tested.   In the subsequent enforcement operation, about 335 people’s test records were checked. Twenty-four people were found to have not received compulsory testing.   Government staff also visited around 720 households in the area, of which 40 did not answer the door. Such households are urged to contact the Government promptly to arrange testing.   According to the compulsory testing notice issued yesterday, those who had stayed in Fu Keung House within a specified period for more than two hours must get tested by tomorrow even if they were not in the restricted area when the declaration took effect. http://dlvr.it/

Voucher scheme well received

Secretary for Financial Services & the Treasury Christopher Hui today said the community’s overall response to the Consumption Voucher Scheme is very positive after the first batch of vouchers was disbursed.   The first $2,000 consumption voucher was disbursed to about 5.5 million eligible people on August 1.   Answering lawmakers’ questions today, Mr Hui said the scheme is generally welcomed by the public and businesses and has successfully boosted and stimulated consumer sentiment.   He noted that the four stored value facility operators and a lot of shopping centres and merchants have seized the opportunity to introduce extra promotions to attract people to spend, adding that such additional promotions will reinforce the multiplier effect of the electronic consumption vouchers.   As the vouchers are disbursed in instalments, Mr Hui believes that the enthusiastic consumer sentiment will continue in the second half of the year, leading to growth of the local retail, catering and service sectors, and boosting the overall local economy.   The Government had estimated earlier that there would be around 7.2 million eligible people, involving about $36 billion and expected that the scheme would boost local economic growth by 0.7 percentage points.
http://dlvr.it/S6JrJc

Popular Posts