Skip to main content

Featured

HK logs 3.3k COVID-19 cases

The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating 3,362 additional locally acquired COVID-19 cases, of which 493 were identified through nucleic acid tests and 2,869 via rapid antigen tests.   Separately, 118 imported cases were detected.   Furthermore, seven residential care homes for the elderly and one for disabled people logged nine cases involving their residents.   The Hospital Authority reported that 33 patients passed away in public hospitals. According to a preliminary analysis, the cause of death for 13 patients was related to COVID-19, while that of the remaining 20 patients was unrelated.   It also registered six more critical cases, bringing the number of patients in critical condition to 99.   As there were positive sewage test results with relatively high viral loads in several areas of Tuen Mun, Yuen Long and Kowloon City districts, the respective district offices will distribute COVID-19 rapid test kits to relevant residents as well as cleaning

Re-positive COVID-19 case reported

The "cruise-to-nowhere" itinerary of a cruise ship scheduled today was cancelled after the Department of Health identified a suspected re-positive case in the regular COVID-19 testing for crew members.   The Centre for Health Protection said the case involves 40-year-old crew member of Spectrum of the Seas. He had received two doses of Sinovac vaccination in April and May.   According to information provided by the cruise company, the crew member tested positive for COVID-19 in Malaysia in July. He tested negative for the virus for more than 10 times after he arrived in Hong Kong in August.   His sample collected on October 19 on board the cruise tested positive for the virus with a very low viral load. The patient has been asymptomatic.   Based on the epidemiological and laboratory findings, the case is compatible with a suspected re-positive overseas case.   Upon identification of the suspected re-positive case, the sailing of the cruise ship scheduled for departure from the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal at 7pm was cancelled in accordance with the contingency management mechanism devised for "cruise-to-nowhere" itineraries.   The patient was on board the ship scheduled to embark on the trip with about 1,200 passengers. About 1,000 passengers boarded the ship today, but he did not have direct contact with the passengers while on board.   The patient had worked on the same ship in two other cruise trips within this month. As a prudent measure, the ship will be included in a compulsory testing notice under which people who had been on board for more than two hours from 30 September to October 21 have to undergo testing by October 23. Close contacts will be put under quarantine.   Epidemiological investigation and contact tracing of the case will continue.
http://dlvr.it/SB4kpM

Popular Posts